The Route 40 Business Association was established in 1987 by a small group of businessmen uniting to accomplish what was to be the first of many goals–getting sewer and water along the Rt. 40 Corridor. Since then, the organization has grown from that small group to an association hovering right at 100 members. It has led the way in setting new standards for business and community in the Edgewood/Joppa area. However, because we have always believed in the “one county” concept we have many members from outside this area.
Committed to reformation, the organization can proudly tout an active role in many major projects including its original sewer/water project the Enterprise Zone, Streetscape Programs, the “Welcome to Edgewood” sign, various tree planting projects, development of a Sheriff’s precinct and scholarships for Route 40 area high school graduates.
The dedication of the association is not limited only to the betterment of business, but strives to serve as a bridge between community and business to the benefit of all. We are a non- profit 501-C-3 organization with an all-volunteer board of directors. We urge you not only to become a member, but to become an active participant in making our organization and your community and/or business an even greater success.
The objectives of this Association are:
- To work as an advocate for its member businesses located along or in the area of the Route 40 Corridor
- Vigorously promote and cooperate with the Route 40 Revitalization efforts currently by Harford County Government
- Promote a clean and healthy business friendly environment in which all businesses can grow and prosper
- When or where appropriate act in partnership with or as an intermediary representing the interests of its members to the local governing bodies
- Maintain a high level of commitment to the community
- When feasible maintain certain charitable objectives, area beautification projects, as well as annual scholarships to the Route 40 area schools
We often hear, “I don’t live or work in the area can I still join?”
The answer is yes!
Any individual, association, corporation, partnership, limited liability company, or office of government having an interest in the objectives of the Association shall be eligible to apply for membership upon payment of applicable dues.